Regulatory framework FIDLEG
Based on the Swiss legislation (i.e. the “Bundesrat”) issuing of the Swiss FIDLEG (“Finanzdienstleistergesetz”) together with FINIG (“Finanzinstitutsgesetz”) law of June 15th 2018, financial institutions in the Swiss market need to adhere to financial market regulations, which are quite similar to the European regulations MiFID II and PRIIPs.
This includes in particular:
- Basisinformationsblätter (BIB) for financial instruments summarizing the products functioning as well as risks and opportunities
- Matching of retail investor’s risk appetite and financial products’ risk profile
- Many more well-known topics from MiFID I
Scope of products to be covered
The Swiss FIDLEG covers a similar scope to European PRIIPs, most important to note though is that OTC products are not covered by the Swiss FIDLEG. Of course this does not release the point of sales from the responsibility to hand out a PRIIP KID to an EEA (European Economic Area) resident, even if booked by a Swiss bank.
Cleversoft solution for distributors of products
For distributors the key challenge derives from the manufacturer’s dilemma surrounding the question on whether PRIIP KIDs or Swiss Finish BIBs will need to be collected and distributed to clients.
The failsafe strategy here clearly results in employing a cleversoft service guarantee solution which is:
- Technically capable of delivering PRIIP KIDs as well as Swiss BIBs
- Includes a contractual guarantee by cleversoft to also include and deliver Swiss BIBs
- Able to easily and quickly add manufacturers for increased coverage
Additionally cleversoft allows you a state of the art integration in various software systems leveraging standard adaptors and integrations such as:
- Core-Banking solutions such as Avaloq
- Terminal client such as Thomson Reuters EIKON
- Advisory Web Frontends
- Your custom bespoke solutions
Cleversoft solution for manufacturers
One key question on the manufacturing side is surrounding the topic whether it is worth the effort to produce Swiss Finish BIBs or to just use the European PRIIP KIDs for the Swiss market. In particular manufacturers who have already set up an infrastructure for producing PRIIP KIDs are tempted and typically advised to follow this route.
For manufacturers who still want to produce Swiss BIBs, yielding a higher benefit to the customer in the sense of being more comprehensible than European PRIIP KIDs, potentially gaining a competitive edge on other manufacturers, cleversoft offers a comprehensive solution suite based on its experience with PRIIP and German PIB production (which is also considered an quivalent regulation)